Dear God, show us the road
that you have chosen for us,
and give us the courage
to walk down it... Amen

Monday, June 23, 2008

Joy cometh in the morn


Give, and it will be given to you. . . . for the measure you give will be the measure you get back.

Today as I woke, I felt restless & burdened...I am unworthy of his grace, his mercy...yet he gives it so freely to me. What makes me doubt? I am overwhelmed with the things I have to do, with the flowers in desperate need of rain, with Cody traveling too far today, with wondering if Jesse Ray will want to eat today. It goes on and on. Obsessive Compulsiveness is a horrible thing to live with.
Today I will reflect on a message I recently received from a dear friend. Those messages from far away friends are a gift to me.

God will keep us in perfect peace when our minds are stayed on Him. (Is. 23:3).
I know that even when I feel as if I'm in the bottom of the pit, HE is with me always to the end of my days. Life is tough, things don't always go my way, the plans HE has for me, or not necessarily the plans I want for myself, but his grace is sufficient.
I will extol You, O LORD, for You have lifted me up, And have not let my foes rejoice over me. LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. O LORD, You brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing praise to the LORD, You saints of His, And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. Now in my prosperity I said, "I shall never be moved." LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong; You hid Your face, and I was troubled. I cried out to You, O LORD; And to the LORD I made supplication: "What profit is there in my blood, When I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth? Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper!" You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever. (Psa 30:1-12 NKJV)

No comments: