Dear God, show us the road
that you have chosen for us,
and give us the courage
to walk down it... Amen

Thursday, September 25, 2008

priceless...

inbox- "refreshing thoughts from my rocker"
Thank you E

About once a month I receive an advertisement for a new women's health/beauty spa.
It includes a long list of the services and package deals they have to offer.
They describe their spa experience as:
restorative
pampering
recuperative
refreshing
invigorating
healing
aromatic
cleansing
relaxing
revitalizing
peaceful
restful
soothing
therapeutic
nurturing
stress-relieving
These very attractive, glossy, multi-page mailouts include everything - except the pricelist.

I recalled their claims as I sat in my rocker this morning.
I have 2 weathered wooden rockers on my patio (try saying that quickly 3 times!).
This morning as I rocked in one, I gazed at the other, now immobile and empty.
Just yesterday, my friend, Barbara, had occupied that rocker.
By my calculations, we spent approximately 29 of her 44-hour visit talking and laughing and catching up.
As I reflect on our time together and consider what it meant to me,
I could use all 16 of those "spa" adjectives to describe my "priceless" experience.

"Just as lotions and fragrance give sensual delight, a sweet friendship refreshes the soul."
Proverbs 27:9

2 comments:

*Linda Pinda* said...

Well said...

My husband just came home and I guess he heard a summary of American's present economic condition in terms of how large the stack of hundred dollar bills would be to bail out these corporations, were they all gathered together.

As I listened to him share the astronomical statistic... all I could think was...

"It's only paper".

Life is so much more than we often live.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful thought. I'm so glad I found you today.

Blessings... *Linda*

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful! What a beautiful post and a lovely way to honor your friend.