Dear God, show us the road
that you have chosen for us,
and give us the courage
to walk down it... Amen

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

forward

I hated to see the end of this nice long weekend, and the last of Summer slipping away. I look forward to Autumn, but I fear we won't have the color as usual here in Tennessee, due to little rain fall. The Blackberry Lillies are looking sweet though.
On our last visit To my friend Delores' we so much enjoyed watching Jesse Ray and Carli. She took a real liken to him.



Mom and Dad were detained at border from Canada. For more than 2 hours. They were "randomly" picked for a complete search. Now we know everything happens for a reason. But, I could hear the fret in Mother's voice as she was telling me. If they would search the people who needed to be searched, maybe there wouldn't be so many drugs and illegals coming in...but, I think the worst of it was they had just stopped at a tiny road side farmers stand, and purchased peaches. They wouldn't let them keep the peaches????? They were in Jackson Hole a few days back, and here is the web cam of them. They are the tiny specks under the Antler arch. So sweet. They had snow yesterday in the Rocky Mountains. I sure do miss them...but alas, they are making their way back to good ole Tennessee.


Todays devotion is very fitting as I have been told of a wonderful lady and her husband, Margaret and Bill. They lost their daughter Amanda, at a very young age. I've had Margaret on my prayer list for many months now. Sometimes, when I don't know just what to ask of God, I tell him just that...that I am unsure of his plans, and he knows the need. I pray for comfort and most importantly, Peace for this couple as they mourn...still...deeply for Amanda. Thank you Barbara for keeping me informed.


The Lord says, "Even to your old age I am he, even when you turn gray I will carry you."
-Isaiah 46:4

My 87-year-old mom is a pistol. She moves in high gear, even with her walker, and always has a ready smile and a twinkle in her eye. After Mom was diagnosed with dementia a few years ago, we moved her to Florida so that we could look after her.

One evening when I called to say goodnight, God nudged me to read that day's devotion from The Upper Room. Mom listened until I finished reading and said she'd take that thought to bed with her. I began calling to read each day's meditation. When I called while traveling and Mom learned that I didn't have my magazine with me, to my astonishment, she read to me. She now reads to me every night I'm traveling - though she can't read even one paragraph from the newspaper.

Reading the witnesses from The Upper Room is something Mom can do for herself and for me. After she read a meditation about the Holy Spirit's praying for us, she told me it was a comfort to know that the Spirit intercedes for her when she can't quite focus on what to say to God. She comprehends and retains the messages from The Upper Room. I'm grateful for this miracle and for her continuing faith.*
(Mary Webb Walker)

O God, help us to trust that your love is stronger than anything life brings us. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how beautiful! thank you for sharing these inspiring stories.
Love you