Dear God, show us the road
that you have chosen for us,
and give us the courage
to walk down it... Amen

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Show me the way...

How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"
-Isaiah 52:7

My sister lives far away, and I have not seen her for many years. She does not know the Lord, and I pray constantly for her salvation. Since I am not able to be with her in person, I have asked God to send a Christian into her life who will share the gospel with her. I always pray that this unnamed believer will hear God's call and minister to my sister.

One day it occurred to me that perhaps someone far away is praying for a Christian in my community who will witness to his or her loved one. With a growing sense of awe and certainty, I realized that a brother or sister in Christ whom I have never met could be praying for me to "proclaim salvation" to someone he or she loves very much. In that moment I knew that as I am praying for someone to witness to my sister, I need to be listening for God's call to reach out to someone near me.
(Nancy Mapes)

Gracious God, thank you for sending us to share the Good News with those who do not know you. Help us to be aware of those around us who need you, and equip us to reach out in love. Amen.
(come visit my website Monday morning at 9 a.m.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey sherry~

i just love your blog, it is a peaceful place for me to come to at the end of the day for great wisdom and soothing music.
many blessings to you my friend,
lori hull