Dear God, show us the road
that you have chosen for us,
and give us the courage
to walk down it... Amen

Thursday, February 19, 2009

What it means..............

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; - Hebrews 5:8
Learning from suffering. What it means to me -
Obedience -
  • Dutifully complying with the commands, orders, or instructions of one in authority
  • The act of obeying; dutiful or submissive behavior with respect to another person
  • The trait of being willing to obey
Not one person wants to be hurt, feel pain. Yet I seem to bring it to self so easily. If I do not listen, obey, is that not sin? Read the definition of Obedience...what does it mean to you?
I found this blog, (see below) with an interesting example of Obedience.

God does not call us to obey his commands to punish us. God is not trying to take the fun out of living. To the contrary, God is trying to make our lives joyful by unburdening us of the responsibility of getting it right by ourselves. When we submit ourselves to God, we free ourselves to live the life God has called us to live, which is infinitely better than anything we could dream up on our own. We have a king to rule over us. May his will, not ours, be done.

The words of this song say much-

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on you, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on you, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait.
I WILL MOVE AHEAD, BOLD AND CONFIDENT. TAKING EVERY STEP IN OBEDIENCE. WHILE I’M WAITING, I WILL SERVE YOU. WHILE I’M WAITING, I WILL WORSHIP. WHILE I’M WAITING, I WILL NOT FAINT. I’LL BE RUNNING THE RACE, EVEN WHILE I WAIT.
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on you, Lord.l
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on you, Lord.
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait.
Yes, I will wait.
I WILL SERVE YOU WHILE I’M WAITING, I WILL WORSHIP WHILE I’M WAITING, I WILL SERVE YOU WHILE I’M WAITING, I WILL WORSHIP WHILE I’M WAITING,I WILL SERVE YOU WHILE I’M WAITING, I WILL WORSHIP WHILE I’M WAITING ON YOU LORD.

Lord, while I wait, give me courage, understanding, that you are in charge, and help me follow only your directions.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hello Sherry, I have so wanted to watch this movie. It looks so good. I am glad to see more Christian oriented movies being made. Have you recieved my emails? Let me know, I know you were haveing email problems!
blessings, angie