Dear God, show us the road
that you have chosen for us,
and give us the courage
to walk down it... Amen

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

While I'm running, waiting...

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."


Birthday - 40 me
Retirement & Birthday celebration - Dad
Work -
Baseball - Jesse-Ray
Soccer - Jesse-Ray
Track - Cody
Track injury - Cody
Prom - Cody
Cody gets his braces off...more dental work to follow. Going to see an Endodontist, loss of private insurance means a great cost for me - ouch!

Today is the first in many weeks that I've actually fixed a home cooked meal. I miss this-
Is there a plan, a reward for this overworked anxious mother?
I remind myself...
While I'm waiting
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on you, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on you, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait.
I will move ahead, bold and confident. Taking every step in obedience. While I’m waiting, I will serve you. While I'm waiting, I will worship. While I'm waiting, I will not faint. I'll be running the race, even while I wait.
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on you, Lord.l
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on you, Lord.
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait.
Yes, I will wait.
I WILL SERVE YOU WHILE I’M WAITING, I WILL WORSHIP WHILE I’M WAITING ON YOU LORD.

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

i've always loved that verse and i used to think it would just "magically" happen. that He would give me rest. but there is action i need to take. i have to go to Him and i have to take His yoke upon me. funny, how i just want everything to be easy!!

your plate sure is full but your attitude is inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my dear friend and to dad too :)
oxoxoxo

Margo said...

Sherry,
Happy Birthday! Enjoy a few minutes for you today!
Margo