Dear God, show us the road
that you have chosen for us,
and give us the courage
to walk down it... Amen

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Praise him...

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
-Psalm 150:6




Each day of a recent camping trip, our family was awakened by a chorus of birds. The first few mornings, I complained about the racket and suppressed the urge to scream, "Be quiet!" But then my wife reminded me of Psalm 150. This passage commands us to praise the Lord with all of our being through music, dance, and voice. The concluding verse of the Book of Psalms is this command: "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord." Could it be that these early-rising birds, nature's musicians, are simply praising God? Perhaps their shrill voices are saying, "Good morning, Lord. Wake up, creation, and praise the Creator!" Can I say that I awake each morning praising and worshiping my creator? Do I start the day thanking God for my family, health, and daily necessities? I can only imagine what our world would be like if we all were to begin each day with praise, worship, and thanksgiving as we reflect on the goodness and love of God, our creator and savior.

Dear God, help us to start each new day with praise and worship. Amen.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Your blog has inspired me to try harder to be better. I sit with the lap top at my kitchen table...the back door is open and I can hear the early morning sounds of dozens of birds. We all need to take the time to listen to them sing.
Wonderful blog
Cheers
Jackie at The Red Door