Dear God, show us the road
that you have chosen for us,
and give us the courage
to walk down it... Amen

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Choices

Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on level ground.
Psalm 143:10
Every action has a consequence my Dad tells me. Though I think my actions are good ones, and my "reasoning" makes perfect sense to me...

For some time now, I've been swimming in muddy water. Unable to see through the thickness of my own self will. I give to Him, but suddenly I snatch back. I am contained in this jar of self pity. Almost as if I am happy with worry.

In the past couple of days, I've received much knowledge and sharing from friends and strangers alike.
I must make choices. Choices that will change everything, make the water clear and pure. I must chose to "come to Him with my whole heart". It is then that He will hear me and answer my prayers.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13
I've always been fond of this passage, but yesterday when I read it in the inbox, the last sentence seemed highlighted in huge bold print. Yes, that's it...the choice I must make.

As a mother, it is my instinct to "fix" and control my children. I have issues with the "letting go". I keep thinking, what if. God has shown me through the eyes of "another mother", much wiser than I will ever be. We must let go, let them make mistakes, all the while knowing, trusting, that God will be there to scoop them up. During this time, it's also a learning lesson for me. Learning to trust that God is, at the same time, teaching me.

Today, I am making a choice~ to trust, give my whole heart to Him, the Master, the only one who can and will supply my every need.

Dear God, I cry to you for mercy, today I chose to let go, to give you all. Help me to see the pureness of your promises. Amen...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I struggle with letting go of control and truly turning it over to Father God. Yet, ever single time I do, things always work out. You would think I would learn by now to trust completely, but my control issues still pop up from time to time.

Thanks for this beautiful post.